Monday, January 21, 2013

Collared Doves Steal a Kiss

Despite the snow the birds must feed and there were many birds in my garden this morning. Away from the frenzied activity of the Starlings and the House Sparrows plus the fights between the Blackbird and Starlings, a Woodpigeon and a pair of Collared Doves sought a little solitude.

The Woodpigeon had his back to the Collared doves:


The Collared Doves steal a kiss:


The Woodpigeon senses something is going on and quickly glances back, but the Doves are too quick, pretending that nothing has happened:



The Collared Doves having had a nice meal, fly away to a place where they can be together, without prying eyes. "Was it something I did?" says the Woodpigeon.


4 comments:

  1. LOL. We had a similar scenario in our garden (big birdwatcher is me) with Stock Doves and a Woodpigeon. It sounds strange and lame but the cooing song of the doves, especially the Woodpigeon is one of my fave birdsongs. I have a birdy surname too! epic. I am a Woodcock! lol. Love the blog, I am a new reader. Check out mine. I use Blogspot too. Address: www.birdinginthegarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your comment Eleanor. I have just had a look at your blog and it is very good, even more so considering you are only eleven. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some really great photos. Collared Doves are some of my favourite birds, use to have some that would feed on my hand. Love the Wood pigeons too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gibby Frogett, glad you like what I do although my posts are very few and far between recently, mostly down to my health. I like to take to take pictures that are not quite the "norm"

    ReplyDelete