Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year day 1 | 2011

Well it's hard to believe that yet another year has flown quickly by and we are here at the start of 2011, a New Year - Day1.

The garden has seemed unnaturally quiet today and there is an unusual amount of food left in the feeders, on the table and on the ground. Do you think the birds have a hangover after celebrating the New Year?

Actually I have not seen the usual number of birds coming into the garden as I would normally do while pottering about the house, though we did have all the tits around as mentioned in my previous post. Also the other day I noticed that the birds I did see coming to feed seemed very skittish. The thing that is worrying me now is that we have a new cat on the block, I have needed to shoo this brazen feline away on a few occasions now. Maybe it is here too often for the birds to feel safe and so they are looking elsewhere for their food. It is also possible that a number of the local birds have perished during the spell of very cold weather we have experienced over the last few weeks.

I guess there is nothing I can do but keep a look out over the next few days and hope that things are soon back to normal and that the birds are indeed safe and well.

Meanwhile I wish a Happy New Year to all my friends and followers and hope that your 2011 is a good one for you.

2 comments:

  1. Friend of HK
    Happy New Year my friend, I hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete