Thursday, December 30, 2010

Long Tailed Tits | My Garden Birds

I was so excited today to see a flock of Long Tailed Tits in my Garden.

I had glanced out of the window and spotted a Coal Tit on one of the feeders, then immediately noticed a second one fly over to it from the Pear Tree. As I was telling Mrs "W" that I could see Two Coal tits on the feeder, I noticed what I thought to be a third Coal Tit then realised I was looking at a Long tailed Tit.

Suddenly the garden became alive, how many of these Long tailed Tits were there I do not know, they seemed to move around so quickly. I would hazard a guess at six or more. They moved around between the feeder, the pear tree and the apple tree in the garden to the rear of ours. In amongst them all the time were at least two Coal Tits then we noticed a number of Blue Tits were also present. I have never before seen so many tits in the garden at any one time (no jokes please).

In just a short time the Long Tailed Tits had departed, leaving us as they worked their way along the gardens down the street. Hopefully they will come to visit again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment